Q&A-IS IT ME OR THEM?

6:12 PM Posted by MS.NOVA



I was perpetually single forever - always a bridesmaid, never a bride type of girl. But then I met Jason and after 3 years of dating, he popped the question. Whoop whooop! Great guy, my brothers love him, so do my parents and I THOUGHT my friends did too. I mean, for 3 years, things were cool. Now that we are 6 weeks out from the wedding, my friends are getting, well weird!

I thought I had a case of the Bridezilla's, but I got an event planner to take care of everything, so it's not that. I feel some jealousy from my single friends (though I feel arrogant even suggesting that) and they get annoyed when I pass on all nighters at the club. I mean, I just can't do that anymore! One girl has cut me off completely and started a rumor that Jason is a possessive control freak who is emotionally abusing me. WTF?!

I feel like my friends are changing. Is it me or them?


Have a similar story? Comments? Let us know below!



  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

1 comments:

  1. Dennis said...

    I think that it is unfair that one of your friends is cutting you off and treating you like this. They should not be trying to compromise your happiness, true friends would never do that. Starting rumours like that is wrong and to be brutal it is maybe for the best that she has cut you off.

    Your other friends should understand that now you have another person to think about and that you cannot go out as much as you used to and that you would want to spend a fair bit of time with your husband to be.

    Before i entered into a relationship i will admit that i was a selfish man and now i have taught myself to take into account my partners feelings too. We have our own time with our friends but also spend a lot of time together too. I guess it is about finding a happy balance between your friends and your husband-to-be. The keyword is Compromise.

    It is expected that you may change slightly but there must be other friends that don't go out all the time/all-night that are in a similar situation like you?

    In short: I don't think you are doing anything wrong.