- splurge on an organizer to help you. consultations are normally free, $50/hour on average.
- head to Ikea or The Organizer Store to get inspired.
- refurbish shoddy furniture or frames - paint, new hardware, upholstery; they go a long way!
- never used items? post it on craigslist and make some cash (for that organizer!)
- find your never worn or gently used clothes and hold a clothing swap
- donate your old prom or grad dress, even old work clothes to a woman's shelter
- group your collections together - books, candles, trinkets, display your precious things
Spring has sprung and that means, you got it, spring cleaning. pack rats, clutter bugs and borderline hoarders, take note. Ever heard the saying 'messy house, messy mind?' No judgement, but it's true as your environment is a reflection OF you. Your home is where you day starts and begins, where you set off into the world and where you retire. Two important reasons to keep it together. When the closet looks like a closet (versus a used clothing bin) you save time in the morning, dress confidently and the day starts off right. When the house looks people friendly, you're inclined to entertain, creating deeper relationships. The home can truly be a sanctuary, your little piece of heaven, should you do the work a few times a year to de-clutter. Get started!
Don't you feel better already? Wrangle a few friends (who are good at this sort of thing) and set aside a weekend to get started. This is more then just having a clean home you can be proud of, it's about appreciating that you have one (let me remind you about our friends in Japan.). Its YOUR floor to clean, its YOUR bed to make. A billion people on our planet would just looove the idea of having a hot shower every morning. It's about staying present. Not hanging on to the dress you'll wear 'one day' or the sofa that reminds you of an old love. All we have right now, is RIGHT NOW. So lets do our little bitty part to make it enjoyable.
Mission Statement : How We Do
"...but i love me more" means making a choice to love yourself, as you are, before anything else.
It's also forum to share stories and the realization that past pain CAN propel our future progress!